6. February 2017 13:49
NERC Training Announcement
Generating Availability Data System (GADS) Conventional and Wind Training
The Generating Availability Data System Working Group (GADSWG) implements a uniform approach to reporting and measuring North American generating plant availability, performance and other related reliability data.
Conventional GADS training will include items such as how GADS data is used, events and performance, combined cycle component versus block reporting, the case for event reviews, review of cause codes, examples of poorly reported events to NERC, understanding Data Reporting Instructions (DRI) Appendix F: Equations and the data submittal process at Open Access Technology International (OATI).
Wind GADS training will include the reporting implementation timeline, entity registration, processes and reports. Additionally, the data submittal process through the NERC GADS Wind reporting application will be covered.
In 2017, the GADSWG will offer training at the following locations:
- Week of May 1st at Texas Reliability Entity (TRE), Austin
- Week of August 7th at Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC), Salt Lake City
- Week of October 2nd at North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), Atlanta
Training classes conducted each week are:
- An introductory session for new conventional GADS reporters on Monday
- Conventional GADS material will be covered on Tuesday and Wednesday
- GADS Wind material will be covered on Thursday and Friday
- Monday, 2017 | Noon – 2:00 p.m. | Registration | 2:00 p.m. – 4:00.p.m. | Introductory Session
- Tuesday, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. | Conventional GADS
- Wednesday, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. – Noon | Conventional GADS Appendix F Equations
- Thursday, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. | Wind GADS
- Friday, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. – Noon | Wind GADS
Look for additional information on how to register for these in-person events in late February. Although registration is required, there is no fee for this training. Continental breakfast and lunch will be included.
For more information or assistance, please contact NERC via email: email@example.com for conventional units or firstname.lastname@example.org for wind plants.
5. February 2017 18:11
AWEA Wind Project O&M and Safety Conference 2017
February 28 - March 1, 2017
Paradise Point Resort & Spa | San Diego, CA
Pre - Conference Session:
NERC GADS Wind Training
February 27, 2017 | 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
AWEA Members: $50
This two-hour training session provides the participant with the essentials for registering to report to NERC’s new GADS reporting application for wind plants.
NERC has implemented GADS reporting requirements for wind plants on a voluntary basis for 2017 with mandatory reporting starting in 2018, based on plant size. Learn how to register for access to the GADS Wind reporting application, data types and formats to report.
Speaker: Donna Pratt, NERC
4. February 2017 20:44
AWEA WINDPOWER 2017 Conference & Exhibition
May 22 - 25, 2017
Post-Conference Seminar: NERC GADS Wind Training
Thursday, May 25, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
*Ticket Required to Attend - click here to add to an existing registration
NERC has implemented GADS reporting requirements for wind plants on a voluntary basis for 2017 with mandatory reporting starting in 2018, based on plant size. Learn how to register for access to the GADS Wind reporting application, data types and formats to report. Practical application of the GADS Wind Data Reporting Instructions will be covered, including outage definitions and coding. This training provides the fundamentals to prepare you for mandatory reporting to NERC.
Trainers: Fred Beasom, Nextera Energy and Donna Pratt, NERC
$199 AWEA Members, $299 Non-Members