6. February 2017 13:49
NERC Training Announcement
Generating Availability Data System (GADS) Conventional and Wind Training
The Generating Availability Data System Working Group (GADSWG) implements a uniform approach to reporting and measuring North American generating plant availability, performance and other related reliability data.
Conventional GADS training will include items such as how GADS data is used, events and performance, combined cycle component versus block reporting, the case for event reviews, review of cause codes, examples of poorly reported events to NERC, understanding Data Reporting Instructions (DRI) Appendix F: Equations and the data submittal process at Open Access Technology International (OATI).
Wind GADS training will include the reporting implementation timeline, entity registration, processes and reports. Additionally, the data submittal process through the NERC GADS Wind reporting application will be covered.
In 2017, the GADSWG will offer training at the following locations:
- Week of May 1st at Texas Reliability Entity (TRE), Austin
- Week of August 7th at Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC), Salt Lake City
- Week of October 2nd at North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), Atlanta
Training classes conducted each week are:
- An introductory session for new conventional GADS reporters on Monday
- Conventional GADS material will be covered on Tuesday and Wednesday
- GADS Wind material will be covered on Thursday and Friday
- Monday, 2017 | Noon – 2:00 p.m. | Registration | 2:00 p.m. – 4:00.p.m. | Introductory Session
- Tuesday, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. | Conventional GADS
- Wednesday, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. – Noon | Conventional GADS Appendix F Equations
- Thursday, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. | Wind GADS
- Friday, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. – Noon | Wind GADS
Look for additional information on how to register for these in-person events in late February. Although registration is required, there is no fee for this training. Continental breakfast and lunch will be included.
For more information or assistance, please contact NERC via email: firstname.lastname@example.org for conventional units or email@example.com for wind plants.
21. October 2015 16:42
This OATI/NERC training session gives a step by step procedure for data reporters to input/upload quarterly data to NERC.
WebE-GADS training sessions were provided by NERC to give users a better understanding of the GADS reporting requirements and how to use the WebE-GADS application.
The below training session from May 5-6, 2015 was recorded with a run time of approximately 60 minutes and covers an overview of the webE-GADS application, data reporting, and frequently asked questions.
The training session can be found here:
webE-GADS Step by Step Instructions
28. April 2015 13:40
NERC Webinar Announcement
2015 Generating Availability Data System Training Sessions
May 5, 2015 | 10:00–11:00 a.m. CDT
May 6, 2015 | 3:00–4:00 p.m. CDT
Teleconference: 866.740.1260| Access Code: 4469726 | Security Code: 4488
Click here for: Webinar
This webinar - presented by NERC - is designed to help Data Reporters submit data to the OATI webE-GADS platform. GADS is a database that maintains the history of generation and outages, and there are three types of data: Design, Performance and Event. As of 2013, any conventional unit that has a name plate rating that is over 20 MW is required to submit GADS data to NERC.
Pre-registration is not required.
For more information or assistance, please contact NERC at firstname.lastname@example.org via email or at 404-446-9726.