6. February 2017 13:49
NERC Training Announcement
Generating Availability Data System (GADS) Conventional and Wind Training
The Generating Availability Data System Working Group (GADSWG) implements a uniform approach to reporting and measuring North American generating plant availability, performance and other related reliability data.
Conventional GADS training will include items such as how GADS data is used, events and performance, combined cycle component versus block reporting, the case for event reviews, review of cause codes, examples of poorly reported events to NERC, understanding Data Reporting Instructions (DRI) Appendix F: Equations and the data submittal process at Open Access Technology International (OATI).
Wind GADS training will include the reporting implementation timeline, entity registration, processes and reports. Additionally, the data submittal process through the NERC GADS Wind reporting application will be covered.
In 2017, the GADSWG will offer training at the following locations:
- Week of May 1st at Texas Reliability Entity (TRE), Austin
- Week of August 7th at Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC), Salt Lake City
- Week of October 2nd at North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), Atlanta
Training classes conducted each week are:
- An introductory session for new conventional GADS reporters on Monday
- Conventional GADS material will be covered on Tuesday and Wednesday
- GADS Wind material will be covered on Thursday and Friday
- Monday, 2017 | Noon – 2:00 p.m. | Registration | 2:00 p.m. – 4:00.p.m. | Introductory Session
- Tuesday, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. | Conventional GADS
- Wednesday, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. – Noon | Conventional GADS Appendix F Equations
- Thursday, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. | Wind GADS
- Friday, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. – Noon | Wind GADS
Look for additional information on how to register for these in-person events in late February. Although registration is required, there is no fee for this training. Continental breakfast and lunch will be included.
For more information or assistance, please contact NERC via email: email@example.com for conventional units or firstname.lastname@example.org for wind plants.
10. January 2017 11:08
NERC GADS training - tentative 2017 schedule
1. Week of May 1st - conventional and wind at TRE, Austin
2. Week of May 22nd - wind training at the AWEA Windpower 2017 conference
3. Week of August 7th - conventional and wind at WECC, Salt Lake
4. Week of October 2nd - conventional and wind at NERC, Atlanta
When the exact dates for the 2-day sessions are finalized, it should be posted at http://www.nerc.com/pa/RAPA/gads/Pages/Workshops.aspx
10. June 2014 12:19
If you missed the Spring GCS GADS workshop in Salt Lake City, then you still have another chance to attend a GADS reporting workshop this Summer.
Generation Consulting Services, LLC is pleased to announce its Summer 2014 GADS Data Reporting Workshop which will be held August 13-14, 2014 in Bloomington, Minnesota.
The workshop will cover a number of important topics, including:
I have attached the Workshop Brochure which provides details about the agenda and who should attend. To register, complete the attached Workshop Registration Form and e-mail it to me at email@example.com. You will be sent an electronic invoice which you can pay by Visa or MasterCard, or you can also pay by check. Seating is limited, so register now!
Generation Consulting Services, LLC
1122 North 160 East
American Fork, UT 84003
Office/mobile: (801) 855-6575
GCS Workshop Information Brochure.docx (883.51 kb)
Registration Form MASTER-march2014-interactive.pdf (84.23 kb)